- This event has passed.
Can Climate-Friendly Utilities Serve Social Justice?
September 23, 2020 , 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Join us for a webinar panel discussion exploring issues regarding utility access. We will discuss how fiber optic access can be a powerful service to low income communities and internet access for education for all. We will also explore the various opportunities for carbon friendly utilities and the connection between clean energy and social justice.
- Isabel Meaker – Executive Director, Family Engagement, Bellingham Public Schools
- Rosalinda Guillen – Executive Director, Community to Community
- Atul Deshmane – Whatcom County PUD Commissioner and Energy Northwest Board of Directors Member
- Garry Arseneault, PUD Commissioner from the Chelan County PUD
- Michael Lilliquist – Bellingham City Council member
*Please register in advance for this meeting at the following link:
If you experience technical difficulties at time of event please email: email@example.com
Hosted by: Climate Reality Project Bellingham Chapter, in partnership with 350 Bellingham, Mt. Baker Group/Sierra Club, Multi-faith Network for Climate Justice, and Bellingham Quakers Social and Environmental Concerns Committee.
This event is part of the City’s ALL IN for Climate Action Week. Find a full list of events here.