The Bellingham Police School Resource Officer provides Law Enforcement support for staff and students attending 4 high schools, 4 middle schools, and 14 elementary schools. As a liaison with the Bellingham School District, the goals and objectives of the Resource Officer are to foster educational programs and activities that increase students’ knowledge and respect for the law and function of law enforcement agencies.
The responsibilities of the Resource Officer include:
- Protecting lives and property of citizens and public school students
- Respond to major disruptions and criminal offenses occurring at schools
- Investigate serious crimes involving staff, students and families
- Provide security while attending extra-curricular activities when possible
- Conduct classroom presentations for students in law related educational fields