The implementation of the Lake Whatcom Management Program is guided by five-year work plans that are organized around twelve program areas.
The plans represent the cooperative efforts of the City of Bellingham, Whatcom County, and Lake Whatcom Water and Sewer District. The work plan comprehensive approach integrates education, research and monitoring, technical assistance, regulations, and enforcement to identify and implement actions that will reduce inputs of nutrients, bacteria, and other contaminants. The plans are drafted to reflect adopted policy direction as well as to incorporate suggestions received from individuals, groups, staff, and elected and appointed officials.
The Draft 2015-2020 work plan is available for public comment through March 20, 2015.
2010-2014 Work Plan by Program Area
- Introduction, Explanatory Documents (PDF)
- Task Summary Table (PDF)
- Land Preservation (PDF)
- Stormwater Management (PDF)
- Urbanization and Development (PDF)
- Community Outreach (PDF)
- Data Management and Information (PDF)
- Spill Response and Hazardous Materials (PDF)
- Forestry/Fish/Wildlife (PDF)
- Transportation (PDF)
- Recreation (PDF)
- Utilities and Waste Management (PDF)
- Administration (PDF)
- Enforcement (PDF)
- Appendices (PDF)