Recycling services in Bellingham are provided by Sanitary Service Company (360-734-3490) under contract to the City. The charge for service is set by City ordinance.
Moving Out? Pack it Out!
Items that are left outside when people move become litter that is hazardous to pedestrians, traffic and wildlife. Learn how to properly donate, sell, recycle and dispose of these items here.
Yard Waste Disposal Options (replaces “Clean Green”)
The City’s subsidy of a seasonal woody debris (“Clean Green”) transfer station has ended. However, there are options for year-round pick-up of yard waste and compost.
- Sanitary Service Company – Food+ Program is an every-other week curbside pickup program
- Green Earth Technology
- Recycling & Disposal Services
- Nooksack Valley Disposal
- Compost your own – to learn more about composting, please visit WSU Whatcom County Extension
Benefits of this program transition are:
- There are more choices where and how to compost
- The City is no longer paying to ship the composted material out of the area
- The City can provide free yard waste disposal a few, critical times a year
Single-Use Plastics Waste Reduction
Visit the Single-Use Plastic Restrictions in Bellingham webpage to learn about local and state measures aimed at reducing single-use plastics in Bellingham.
For further information, please contact the Bellingham Public Works Department.