From fitness gurus to beginners or to families looking for some fun, Bellingham Parks and Recreation now offers self-paced challenges to track your run, walk, swim or paddle journey. Pick a challenge, set your pace, and you are on your way.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I report my progress?
Report progress at: https://pacificmultisports.com/events/cob/
- How do I measure my distance?
Use a fitness tracker or phone app. There are a variety of free and paid apps including Strave, Run Keeper and even something called Zombies, Run! Plotaroute.com is useful for planning new and measuring existing routes.
- What are the race categories (Padden and Super-Duper Distance Challenges)?
– 2 year age groups up to 18
– 5 year age groups 18 & older
– Athena (female 160#)
– Clydesdale (male 200#)
– Double stroller
– Ruck (<150 lbs. 20#, 150 lbs. or greater 30#)
- Can I enter multiple categories?
- When can I start accumulating miles?
For the Padden Challenge and Super-Duper Distance Challenge miles can be accumulated at any time between July 1 and September 7. September 9 is the last day to submit times/distances. For the Bellingham Parks 5k Challenge miles are accumulated over an 8 week period. Starting date is dependent upon Whatcom County entering Phase III.
Parks and Recreation
Park and Recreation Contact Information