The City of Bellingham is offering a training course for private inspectors who wish to perform inspections for the Rental Registration and Safety Inspection Program. The course is on Friday December 11th, 2015 from 9am to 12pm at City Hall.
Interested parties are required to RSVP to
email@example.com by December 8th, 2015 as space is limited.
Rental Registration and Safety Inspection Program allows property owners to use a qualified private inspector in lieu of a City inspector. A qualified private inspector must have at least one of the following credentials:
- American Association of Code Enforcement property maintenance and housing inspector certification;
- International Code Council property maintenance and housing inspector certification;
- International Code Council residential building code inspector;
- Washington State licensed home inspector; or
- Other acceptable credential the director establishes by rule.
Only private inspectors who have the required credentials
and have taken this training course will be certified by City of Bellingham to perform rental safety inspections. The City will maintain a list of these qualified individuals for use by rental property owners.
Additional training courses will be offered at a later date and will be announced at