The Arne Hanna Aquatic Center will be closed for Thanksgiving, Thursday-Sunday, November 25-28.
Masks must be worn by everyone while in the facility, except in the water. Please visit the City’s Mask Requirements page for more information.
Current Pool Hours
Monday – Friday 6 am – 9 pm
Saturday & Sunday 1 pm – 6 pm
Participants must register for swim space. Registration opens Wednesdays at 8 am for the following Monday – Sunday. To register, click below or call (360) 778-7665 (limit of 5 timeslots/week). Instructional Pool reservations must be made by phone.
Now open to single admission reservations!
- Lap Swim – 2 lap swimmers per lane, 55-minute sessions. Lap swimmers will share the lane with one other swimmer, splitting the lap lane down the middle. All exercises are self-led, at your own pace. Please try not to stop on the same side of the pool for rest periods and maintain social distancing as best as you can. Swimmers are assigned a lane at check-in just before their swim.
- Water Walking – 2 walkers per lane, 55-minute sessions. Water Walking is a great time to do therapeutic exercises at your own pace. The combination of low-impact and water resistance helps to increase strength and range of motion as you recover from injuries or surgery.
- Deep Water Running (DWR) – 1 person lane in the dive tank, 55-minute sessions. A zero-impact activity done on your own by simulating running movements with your arms, legs & body position. Floatation belts and ankle cuffs are available for participants to use.
- Water Aerobics – 20 participants per 45-minute class. Our aerobics instructors design their classes to focus on either High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) or endurance. Participants complete an assortment of exercises that use the natural resistance of the water to increase their strength and conditioning.
- Hydrotherapy Pool – Available for all registered participants to use during their session. Max of 10 participants in the pool at one time.
- Preschool/Family Swim – 2 households with a maximum of 10 participants from the same household for each time slot, pool will be roped off for use. 55-minute sessions. Phone in registrations only.
- Locker Rooms are available for participants to use after their swim.
- Showers are available for those in need. 30-minute time limit.
Buy a Pass Online
3-month, 1-year, and 10-visit passes may be purchased online or by calling us at (360) 778-7665. Passes will not be sold via phone Wednesdays, from 8 am-noon.
Participants may cancel reservations up to 48-hours in advance without penalty by calling (360) 778-7665. All cancellations made under 48-hours notice will have one visit removed from their 10-visit pass or one day removed from the expiration date of their 3-month pass or annual pass. No-shows (participants failing to cancel before their registered activity) will have their pass expiration reduced by one week plus the day missed. Participants must call our front desk to cancel their reservation before their reservation time; otherwise, it is considered a no-show.
Pass holders unable to participate during the current COVID-19 reopening guidelines may request a hold/extension on their pass by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Fall Swim Lessons
Register online or by calling (360) 778-7665.
The instructional pool includes a beach entry at one end and the exit of our 135-foot water slide into the three and a half feet deep opposite the beach entry. This pool is 88 degrees; it’s great for younger kids learning to swim and adapting to the water.
Lap Pool & Dive Tank:
The lap pool is 25 yards long by eight lanes wide, with depths from 3 feet to 6 feet as you travel down the lane. We have a separate dive tank, 6-12 feet deep, with a one-meter competition springboard. The lap pool and dive tank are both 83 degrees. Our hydrotherapy pool is for those 16 years of age and older.
The 100-degree temperature is perfect for relaxing after a workout, stretching, or doing your therapy exercises.
We offer a variety of programs at the Aquatic Center. Offerings include lap swims, American Red Cross swim lessons and training courses, shallow water aerobics, and deep water running. We also have preschool swims and open swims for people to play and enjoy the facility.
American Red Cross Training Courses
Aquatic Center Fees
Aquatic Center Closures
Aquatic Center Rules and Regulations
Pool Health and Safety Guidelines
Apply for a scholarship (PDF)
Aplicacion de Beca (PDF)
Exciting job opportunities are available at the Arne Hanna Aquatic Center! Applications are currently being accepted for Aquatic Leaders, AKA Lifeguards. Apply online at www.cob.org/employment.
Arne Hanna Aquatic Center
1114 Potter Street
Bellingham, WA 98229
Phone: (360) 778-7665
Fax: (360) 778-7062