The pool will be closed for Memorial Day weekend, May 29 – 31
The aquatic center has four swimming pools, which include a beach-entry instructional pool with a 135-foot water slide ending in it, a 25 yard, eight-lane lap pool, a dive tank with a one-meter springboard, and a hydrotherapy pool for those 16 years of age and older. The Arne Hanna Aquatic Center offers a variety of programs, including lap swims, American Red Cross swim lessons and training courses, shallow water aerobics, deep water running, deep water aerobics, kayaking, and preschool, family, and open swims.
Current Pool Hours
Monday – Friday 6 am – 9:15 pm
Saturday & Sunday 1 pm – 6 pm
Our pools have limited availability for lap swim, deep water running, water aerobics, water walking, and use of the instructional and hydrotherapy pools. All users must be current pass holders to register.
Starting Monday, April 12th Arne Hanna Aquatic Center will increase activity capacities, please see activity for more information.
Current pass holders may register for the next week, Monday-Sunday, of activities beginning at 8:00 AM on Wednesdays, click a button below to register or call (360) 778-7665. Activity registration is limited to one timeslot per day, per participant, and a maximum of five timeslots per week. Registration for the instructional pool must be done over the phone.
3-month and 10-visit passes may be purchased online or by calling us at (360) 778-7665. Passes will not be sold via phone Wednesdays, from 8:00 AM-noon.
Buy a Pass Online
- Lap Swim – 2 lap swimmers per lap lane with no request to share lanes. Swimmers are to circle swim to the right and maintain social distance except when briefly passing each other. Swimmers are to remain to the right of the lane at opposite ends when resting. Swimmers enter and exit from the right of the lane and on opposite ends of the deck. Maintain a social distance of 6 feet from other lap lanes/swimmers except when briefly passing swimmers in shared lane and lanes next to each other.
- Water Walking – 1 walker per lane, 45-minute sessions.
- Deep Water Running (DWR) – 1 person per roped-off area in the dive tank, 45-minute sessions.
- Water Aerobics – maximum of 12 participants per class. The class is 35 minutes long.
- Hydrotherapy Pool – 2 participants allowed in the pool during the 45-minute facility use time slot. If no registered participants, all other participants may use on a first-come-first-served basis. Mask required to be worn in the hydrotherapy pool.
- Preschool/Family Swim – 2 households with a maximum of 6 participants from the same household for each time slot, pool will be roped off for use. 45-minute sessions. Phone in registrations only.
- Locker Rooms – are open for limited use of showers, changing areas, toilets, and sink. Mask must be worn at all times in the locker room except while showering.
- Showers – Available for those in need. 30-minute time limit.
Pass holders unable to participate during the current COVID-19 reopening guidelines may request a hold/extension on their pass by emailing us at email@example.com. Users may cancel reservations up to 48-hours in advance without penalty, by calling (360) 778-7665. All cancellations made with under 48-hours notice will have one visit removed from their 10-visit pass or one day removed from the expiration date of their 3-month or annual pass. No shows (participants failing to cancel prior to their registered activity) will have their pass expiration reduced by one week for any no show, plus the day missed. Participants must call (360) 778-7665 to cancel an activity prior to the registered time slot to not be considered a “no show”.
2021 Spring Swim Lessons
We are excited to bring swim lessons back, offering a modified swim lesson program starting March 29, 2021.
Aquatic Center Fees
Aquatic Center Rules and Regulations
Pool Health and Safety Guidelines
Apply for a scholarship (PDF)
Aplicacion de Beca (PDF)
Exciting job opportunities are available at the Arne Hanna Aquatic Center! Applications are currently being accepted for Aquatic Leaders, AKA Lifeguards. Apply online at www.cob.org/employment.
Arne Hanna Aquatic Center
1114 Potter Street
Bellingham, WA 98229
Phone: (360) 778-7665
Fax: (360) 778-7062