The Aquatic Center will be closed for Veteran’s Day, Wednesday, November 11th. Registration for activities running November 16-22, will be available Thursday, November 12th, starting at 8:00 AM
The Arne Hanna Aquatic Center is now open! Our open hours are:
Monday – Friday 6 am – 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday 1 pm – 6 pm
The pool will be open for limited activities in Phase 2 including lap swim, water walking, deep water running, and water aerobics. All participants must purchase a pass and register for activities. Beginning October 12th, family swims in the instructional pool will be available for use by one family per swim session and the hydrotherapy pool will be open for two participants per session.
Registration for the next week of activities begins at 8:00 AM on Wednesday. Current pass holders can register online or by calling our front desk at (360) 778-7665. Activity Registration is limited to one timeslot per day, per participant. Out of consideration of other users, it is recommended to only register for a max of four activities per week. Registration for the family swims must be done over the phone.
3 month and annual passes may be purchased online or by calling us at (360) 778-7665. 10-visit passes may be purchased by phone. Pass holders will be eligible to register for lap swim, water walking, deep water running, water aerobics, hydrotherapy pool, and family swim.
- Lap swim – 1 swimmer per lap lane, 1-hour sessions, swimmers alternate entrance into the lap pool from the north and south end of the lap lanes. Beginning October 12th, two swimmers from the same household may share the same lane, please call the pool to register the second swimmer.
- Water walking – 1 walker per lane, 1-hour sessions
- Deep water running – 1 person per roped off area in the dive tank, 1-hour sessions
- Water aerobics – maximum of 8 participants (New maximum begins 10/12)
- Hydrotherapy pool – 2 participants, 1-hour sessions. (Begins 10/12)
- Instructional pool – 1 family, 1-hour sessions. All family members must live within the same household. (Begins 10/12)
Pass holders unable to participate during Phase 2 reopening may request a hold/extension on their pass by emailing us at email@example.com. All cancelations from pass holders for a registered session will have one visit removed from their 10-visit pass or one day removed from the expiration date of their 3-month or annual pass.
The aquatic center has four swimming pools, which include a beach-entry instructional pool with a 135-foot water slide ending in it, a 25 yard, eight-lane lap pool, a dive tank with a one-meter springboard, and a hydrotherapy pool for those 16 years of age and older. The Arne Hanna Aquatic Center offers a variety of programs, including lap swims, American Red Cross swim lessons and training courses, shallow water aerobics, deep water running, deep water aerobics, kayaking, and preschool, family, and open swims.
Rules and Regulations
Exciting job opportunities are available at the Arne Hanna Aquatic Center! Applications are currently being accepted for Aquatic Leaders, AKA Lifeguards. Apply online at www.cob.org/employment.
Arne Hanna Aquatic Center
1114 Potter Street
Bellingham, WA 98229
Phone: (360) 778-7665
Fax: (360) 778-7062