The City of Bellingham is committed to addressing the homelessness crisis in Bellingham. The Mayor believes in safe places for all people in Bellingham and has directed City staff to work on a comprehensive plan to address not only the effects of homelessness that we see but also the underlying causes.
- Addressing Homelessness this Winter: The City’s emergency intervention and prevention strategies.
- Map of Winter Shelters 2019/2020: Map of emergency winter shelter resources in Bellingham and Whatcom County.
- Temporary Shelter Regulations and Application
- Interim Housing Regulations and Application
- State of Emergency on Homelessness (PDF): Letter to Governor Inslee asking that a State of Emergency on Homelessness be declared.
- Community Solutions Workgroup: Recommendations on affordable housing and downtown health and safety