Photographers will receive public recognition for their work in the recent “Essence of Bellingham” Photo Competition, which drew more than 200 entries from area residents of all ages.
The winning entries and others submitted to the competition are posted on the City of Bellingham website at www.cob.org/eob . The competition is sponsored by the City of Bellingham and the Whatcom Museum.
Entries receiving highest honors are:
- Best of Show, Featuring this Year's Theme of Neighborhoods – End of School Year Shaving Cream Fight – David Veatch
- Best of Show – 1st Place – Cruisin' the 11 by Alex Powell
- Best of Show – 2nd Place – Two Tutus by Alexander Hallett
- Best of Show – 3rd Place – Through the Gap by Dex Horton
- Best of Class – 5-8 Grade – A True Confession by Alice Horton
- Best of Class – 9- 12 Grade – Skis and Friends by William Henkel
Entries submitted for the competition that received recognition will be on display at Bellingham City Hall from July 7th through August 4th.
Join the photographers who submitted the winning shots on July 7th in the lobby of City Hall during a reception from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
Entries also will be shown on BTV10 and added to the Whatcom Museum's photographic collection.
The submissions were juried by representatives from the Whatcom Museum and City of Bellingham and Western Washington University.
Winning entries were selected based on photographic quality, subject matter and how well the “Essence of Bellingham” was captured.