Mayor Kelli Linville announced today the recipients of the 38th Annual Mayor's Arts Awards. A reception and awards ceremony honoring the awardees is scheduled for May 3, 2017.
This year the Mayor is honoring a broad range of artists, advocates, organizations, and performances that have significantly contributed to the arts in our community. Award winners were chosen based on nominations submitted by community members.
Mayor's Arts Awards will be presented to the following recipients:
- Cynthia Zaferatos
- Bellingham Art Beat – Shannon Laws
- Homeless in Bellingham Video Series – Fredrick Dent and Lisa Spicer
- Scott Henderson
- Bellingham House Concerts – Dan and Victoria Sabo
- Sonja Max and Oliver Max
- Kevin Murphy
- Brend Hunt-Holma
- Mary Gillilan and Norman Green
- Bellingham Arts Academy for Youth
To learn more about each awardee and their accomplishments, please attend the celebration scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday May 3, 2017 at the Mount Baker Theatre in the Walton Theatre, located at 104 N. Commercial Street in downtown Bellingham. This ceremony is open to the public.