A sunny Wednesday meant lots of progress on road clearing and most City services reopening Thursday. Many side streets have not been addressed, so drivers should continue to be extremely cautious and patient as staff utilizes all available resources to improve road conditions.
The following have normal hours of operation on Thursday, with holidays hours over the weekend:
- All branches of Bellingham Public Library will be open regular hours. Hours at the Central Library are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hours at the Barkley and Fairhaven branches are 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. All branches will be closed Dec. 23 – 26, 2022 and Jan. 1 – 2, 2023.
- The Whatcom Museum campus – The Lightcatcher, Family Interactive Gallery, Old City Hall and Photo Archives- will be open normal hours Thursday and Friday. The Museum Store had extended hours for winter shoppers. The entire campus will be closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1.
- Arne Hanna Aquatic Center is open for regular hours, minus instructional programs. The facility will be closed December 23 – 26.
- City Hall services will operate as usual:
- Permit Center open for appointments only from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Finance Office open for in-person services 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Online and phone services available.
- The Commercial Street Parking Garage at 1300 Commercial is snow free and open for shoppers and visitors all hours.
- Road2Home will continue to operate the Bellingham Severe Weather Day Use Warming Center inside Bellingham Central Library Lecture Room through Thursday, December 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- UPDATE: The County’s overnight severe weather shelter at Civic Field will operate through the night of Friday, December 23. More information about emergency severe weather shelters is available from Whatcom County.
Friday, December 23 and Monday December 26 are City holidays, but maintenance staff will continue to address weather-related and other service impacts as the weather transitions over the weekend. Most City services will be unavailable during holidays. However, the following services are always available for emergencies:
- Police, Fire and Medic services: call 911
- Public Works and Parks emergency services: call (360) 778-7700
Visit cob.org for service impact updates.