Parking and access improvements are planned at this recently purchased Greenway property located on Locust Road at Marine Drive.
From Locust Road, an existing trail provides public access to over 200 acres of public beach and tidelands on northeast Bellingham Bay. This area is popular with kite boarders, skim boarders and for wading, birding, beach walking and picnicking.
Signage, gate and other minor improvements are currently under design review. Future improvements are pending funding and permitting approval.
- Locust Beach Aerial (PDF)
- November 19, 2015 Public Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- October 7, 2015 Neighborhood Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- August 20, 2015 Neighborhood Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- June 3, 2015 Neighborhood Meeting Presentation (PDF)