Project Overview: ES-0546
This project will evaluate and improve pedestrian and bicycle safety and efficiency through the reconstruction of curb ramps, sidewalk, traffic islands, and installation of improved visibility pavement markings in the vicinity of the Northwest Avenue and West Bakerview Road intersection. It also involves evaluating and adding center median along West Bakerview Road from Arctic Avenue vicinity to Northwest Avenue vicinity. The purpose of these changes is to improve vehicular, pedestrian, and bicycle safety.
Funding source: Transportation Benefit District Fund
Status – September 2020
- Northwest/Bakerview Multi-Agency Intersection Safety Study – Completed 2017
- Advertised and selected H.W. Lochner, Inc. as design consultant.
- Design Complete.
- July 14, 2020 – Project Advertised.
- August 6, 2020 – Bids Opened with Granite Construction as the apparent low bidder at $374,656.00.
- August 24, 2020 – Council Award.
Next Milestones: Construction.
- Status – Construction
- Contract awarded – Aug. 24, 2020
- Contract amount – $374,656.00
- Contractor – Granite Construction
- Vicinity Map
- Center Median Property Owner Notice
Larry Scholten, P.E.
Phone: (360) 778-7923
Transportation Planner(360) firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Works Contacts