Nearly everywhere you look, you can see where Public Works helps make our City successful! City of Bellingham Public Works provides many essential services to keep us healthy, clean, and safe. Celebrate Public Works this year by learning more about how Public Works serves our community and participating in the activities below!
Learn About Public Works
Public Works provides safe, clean drinking water, manages and treats our wastewater, issues permits, builds our roadways, sidewalks and bike lanes, manages stormwater and protects our natural resources. The video below provides an overview of some of these essential services.
Public Works also implements various construction projects that improve our community. Project benefits range from increasing connectivity throughout our City with new roadways to improving habitat and water quality in local streams. The following videos provide a closer look at some projects implemented by Public Works:
- Healing the Nooksack: Bringing down the dam on the Middle Fork to restore a free-flowing river
- Post Point Resource Recovery Project
- Squalicum Creek Re-route Phases 3 and 4 Construction Tour
- Construction of Granary Avenue and Laurel Street at the Bellingham Waterfront
Activities to Celebrate National Public Works Week
Celebrate National Public Works Week with these family-friendly activities. Share pictures of your completed drawings and from your scavenger hunt and tours with Public Works staff by emailing them to askPW@cob.org.
- Bellingham Public Works Water System Video
- Bellingham Public Works Stormwater Video
- Bellingham Public Works Sewer Video
- Bellingham Public Works Streets Video
- Bellingham Public Works Wastewater Treatment Video
- Public Works Department Services