All City of Bellingham Home Rehabilitation Program (HRP) Projects are made possible by federal funds allocated to the City by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). To remain in compliance with HUD, and in order to continue to use those funds for construction purposes, we are required to create a list of Certified Section 3 Contractors. Becoming certified as a Section 3 Contractor is strictly voluntary; however, firms that meet this qualification will receive preference for HRP projects as they become available.
The City is always seeking qualifications from licensed, bonded, and insured general contractors experienced with the rehabilitation of single family (1-4 unit) homes. Contractors interested in working through the Home Rehabilitation Program must complete a Contractor Qualification Form. Selected contractors will be part of a contractor pool, which will then have the opportunity to bid on privately owned single-family (1-4 unit) rehabilitation construction projects. Please note: this list is intended only for the Home Rehabilitation Program. This list is not for the Small Work roster for Public Works Projects or for the City of Bellingham on-call list for consultant services.
Responses shall be mailed or hand-delivered to the Planning & Community Development Department located at 210 Lottie St, Bellingham, WA 98225, or emailed to email@example.com. Responses by FAX will not be accepted.
Responsibilities of the Contractor
- Hold a current certification of registration with the State of Washington as a General Contractor or Specialty Contractor per RCW 18.27.010;
- Be licensed and bonded in the State of Washington;
- Furnish evidence of comprehensive public liability insurance coverage for not less than $1,000,000/$300,000 bodily injury including death, and $50,000 property damage;
- Coordinate with HRP staff as required throughout bidding and construction;
- Conduct visual inspections of occupied, 1-4 unit residential structures and accessory structures;
- Prepare bid package for HRP clients;
- Obtain building permits from the City of Bellingham Permit Center;
- Complete work in accordance with the Standard Specification Guide (PDF) provided by the HRP;
- On housing built before 1978, be EPA/HUD certified in, and use Lead Safe Work Practices when working on any painted surface identified or assumed to contain lead-based paint;
- Submit to third party clearance testing for work performed on lead-based paint surfaces.
The City of Bellingham is committed to providing equal opportunities to the State of Washington certified Minority, Disadvantaged and Women’s Business Enterprises in contracting activities. The City of Bellingham reserves the right to cancel this “Notice to Contractors”, reject any or all proposals, and to waive minor informalities for proposers if it is deemed in the public interest to do so.
- Planning and Community Development Department
- Contractors Wanted!!
- Local Housing Standards (PDF)
- Section 3 Contractors List (PDF)
Matthew Bautista at 360-778-8384 or firstname.lastname@example.org TTY: (360) 778-8382