As needed and if possible, weather-related city street closures information will be updated here. During severe weather or other emergencies, city resources are prioritized for public health and safety, including access to emergency vehicles and public transportation. Please exercise caution and travel with care.
Update (as of December 8, 2021): There are no road closures due to weather-related events at this point in time. To find out about ongoing project work that may impact travel, please visit the City Projects page or read the weekly project updates reports on the City News page.
Report and track issues
- Call 911 for weather or road related emergencies.
- To report flooding, downed trees or other road related issued on Bellingham streets, please utilize SeeClickFix or phone (360) 778-7700.
- Visit City news releases and City social media sites for up to date information.
- Obey street closure signs and do not drive around barricades.
- Do not enter streets or intersections if you see water over the road, even if the street is not signed or barricaded.
- Avoid unnecessary trips during inclement weather.
- Avoid contact with floodwater and standing water, which may be contaminated.
- During high winds, stay away from wooded areas, such as parks and trails.
- Stay away from flooded creeks, as the water is rushing swiftly and currents are extremely strong. Also avoid trail bridges crossing creeks or streams during flood conditions, as they could be undermined by floodwaters.