COVID-19 Related Closures
Your City of Bellingham government is open for business, even when many of our physical locations are closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. City of Bellingham personnel continue to provide services that are essential to the community. Check our News and City Social Media pages for updates.
City physical facility closures include all sponsored and permitted events, programs and activities, in the following City buildings and facilities:
- Bellingham City Hall: City Hall is open regular business hours but all offices and front counters remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Bellingham Municipal Court: The Municipal Court building will remain closed until further notice. All court hearings are currently being held telephonically. Please call the Court at 360-778-8150 or contact us at email@example.com to ensure that your current phone number is listed with the Court. You will need to be present at that number at the time that your court hearing is scheduled. The Court will call you for your hearing. Please be patient as there are many cases scheduled and the Court will call you as soon as they are ready to hear your case.
- Bellingham Public Library: Curbside library services are being provided while all locations of the Bellingham Public Library, including the Central Library, Fairhaven and Barkley branch libraries, are closed to the public. Check www.bellinghampubliclibrary.org for regular updates about library services.
- Whatcom Museum: Check the Whatcom Museum COVID-19 response webpage for the most current information about Museum hours and capacity.
- Parks and Recreation: Using guidance from the Governor and Washington State Department of Health, Bellingham Parks and Recreation is moving towards reopening park amenities and resuming recreational programming. Details about available parks, trails, facilities and the status of recreation programming, parks special events and volunteer opportunities can be found on the Parks and Recreation COVID-19 changes webpage.
Front Counters Are Closed
Contact each department for information on how to access services they provide:
- City Attorney
- City Council Office
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services
- Hearing Examiner
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Mayor’s Office
- Municipal Court
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Community Development
- Public Works
Meetings and Events
Many City-sponsored meetings and events have been cancelled until further notice. Others are being held via online meeting platforms. Check the City Events Calendar for information, or contact the responsible department using the list above for more information.