COVID-19 Related Closures
Your City of Bellingham government is open for business, even when many of our physical locations are closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. City of Bellingham personnel continue to provide services that are essential to the community.
Bellingham Mayor Seth Fleetwood said City departments remain operational allowing essential services to continue uninterrupted. “We are prioritizing vital daily services, such as utilities and public safety services, and those services that position us for recovery, such as planning and building services.”
City physical facility closures include all sponsored and permitted events, programs and activities, in the following City buildings and facilities:
- Bellingham Municipal Court: Due to health concerns raised by COVID-19, the Municipal Court building will remain closed until further notice. All court hearings are currently being held telephonically. Please call the Court at 360-778-8150 or contact us at email@example.com to ensure that your current phone number is listed with the Court. You will need to be present at that number at the time that your court hearing is scheduled. The Court will call you for your hearing. Please be patient as there are many cases scheduled and the Court will call you as soon as they are ready to hear your case.
- Bellingham Public Library: All locations of the Bellingham Public Library, including the Central Library, Fairhaven and Barkley branch libraries are closed to the public. Check www.bellinghampubliclibrary.org for regular updates about library services available to the community during this closure.
- Whatcom Museum: The Whatcom Museum campus, which includes the Lightcatcher building and Family Interactive Gallery, Old City Hall, and the Syre Education Center, are closed to the public. Check the Whatcom Museum COVID-19 response webpage for regular updates.
- Parks and Recreation: Details about refunds, programming cancellations or postponements can be found here. The following building facilities are closed:
- Bloedel Donovan Park buildings
- Arne Hanna Aquatic center
- Civic Field
- Joe Martin Field
- Woodstock Farm
- Depot Market Square
- Park pavilions
- Public tours of all facilities
Front counters that serve the public are closed in the following departments:
- Finance Department
- Fire Department
- Parks & Recreation Department
- Permit Center
- Police Department
- Public Works Department
- Municipal Court
All non-essential City-sponsored meetings and events have been cancelled until further notice.
Cancellations and Postponements
Most non-essential City-sponsored meetings and events have been cancelled until further notice. For more information about the availability of City services during this time, please contact the department responsible for that service via our City departments contact page.