The Whatcom Museum provides innovative and interactive educational programs and exhibitions about art, nature and Northwest history. We seek to stimulate curiosity about our changing cultural, natural and historical landscapes, for the youngest to the oldest minds, and to inspire preservation of and creative contributions to our region and beyond.
The Board consists of twenty (20) members. The terms of office are three years and no compensation is paid to members. Board members are expected to join the Museum and support it through their actions. The City, through the Mayor’s Office, appoints ten members of the Foundation Board with the remaining ten members appointed directly by the Foundation.
Duties of the Board
- Act as an ambassador for the Foundation and Whatcom Museum
- Utilize his/her skills and networks for the betterment of the Foundation and the Whatcom Museum
- Serve on Foundation committees
- Promote development of sponsors and donors
- Assist staff and Development Director reach development goals and objectives of the Whatcom Museum’s strategic plan
- Maintain membership at a level consistent with the Board member’s means
Meetings are typically held the fourth Wednesday of each month (except for August and December) at 3pm in the board room of Old City Hall, 121 Prospect Street. See Meetings and Events for currently scheduled meetings.