Work with the Bellingham Parks Volunteer Program to complete your Eagle Scout Project!
Scouts interested in improving the natural ecosystem are welcome to complete their project with the support of Bellingham Parks and Recreation. We encourage scouts to chose a project that they are interested in. Examples of past projects include habitat restoration, removal of social trails, improving the landscape of the Arne Hannah Aquatic Center and building bird boxes for nesting. If you are looking for a project contact the Parks Volunteer Coordinator.
How to get started
1. Complete a Park’s Eagle Scout Project Application
2. Review the Eagle Scout Project Workbook
3. Make an appointment with the Parks Volunteer Coordinator
Habitat Restoration and Work Party Toolkit
For Scouts with projects that involve native restoration.
- Native Plants List (PDF)
- How to Plant (PDF)
- Importance of Mulch (PDF)
- Recruiting Volunteers (PDF) – Helpful hints to find volunteers!
Liability Release Forms
Have all volunteers under 18 complete a liability release form before volunteering at a work party.
Before & After: Previous Eagle Scout Projects
- Expectations of Scouts (PDF)
- Eagle Scout Project Application
- Eagle Scouts – Ways to Recruit Volunteers
Parks and Recreation Volunteer Program
Phone: (360) 778-7105
To receive quarterly updates and volunteer opportunities send us and email.
Parks and Recreation Contacts