Project Overview: ES-0535
This project improves pedestrian and bicycle safety and efficiency on Woburn Street at Kentucky Street through the addition of new sidewalk and reconstruction of intersection; on Woburn Street at Fraser Street through installation of a pedestrian-activated warning device and reconstruction of the existing pedestrian refuge; on Orleans St. at Illinois St. through installation of curb extensions; on Orleans Street at trail south of Maryland Street on Alderwood Avenue from Northwest to Maplewood Avenue through addition of speed humps; and on Mill Avenue from 10th to 24th Street through prioritization for bicycles and pedestrian facility improvements.
Funding from Transportation Benefit District.
Status – August 2019
- Survey sites
- Initiate design
- Design 30%
- Evaluate/select design alternatives
- Submit Design Report to Ecology for review
- Design 60%
- Ecology design report acceptance
- Submittal of permits
- Submit Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) cultural resource document
- Submittal of 90% plans, specifications and estimate
- Project advertisement for bids
- Council award of construction
- Construction start
- Construction complete
- Status – Complete
- Contract Awarded – June 18, 2018
- Contract Amount- $1,019,865.80
- Contractor- Colacurcio Brothers, Inc.
- Completion Date: August 30, 2019
- Final Contract Amount: $1,143,379.51
- Vicinity Map
Larry Scholten, P.E.
Phone: (360) 778-7923
Public Works Contacts