Project Overview: EF-0133 and EF-0141
Projects EF-0133 and EF-0141 will fill a need for new permanent buildings at the City Operations site on Pacific Street. As the Public Works and Parks and Recreation Departments continue to grow, finding space for employees and equipment has become a challenge. The projects will be constructed together by one contractor. The new buildings will be energy efficient and built to LEED standards.
Status – December 2021
Accomplishments: Construction began on the Operations Center Building in August 2021. Since then, the City has worked with SpeeWest Construction to:
- Drive steel pilings into the ground and pour a concrete grade beam over top
- Pour most of the ground floor concrete slab
- Lay two CMU (concrete masonry unit) walls to act as fire protection between the two existing buildings
- Begin going vertical with two stairwell walls and elevator shaft walls
Next Milestones: Going forward, crews will continue to form and pour concrete in steps for the stairwell and elevator shaft walls.
- Status – Construction
- Contract awarded – June 4, 2021
- Contract amount – $20 million
- Contractor – SpeeWest Construction
- Vicinity Map
On January 13, 2021, the City hosted a virtual informational open house to provide information about the project and answer questions. You can view a recording of the meeting.
Current Project Updates
Projects that are currently under construction are featured in our weekly project news releases. Please check the news releases below for the most recent project updates and sign up to receive City news updates directly to your email inbox.
Mike Olinger, Assistant Director of Public Works
Phone: (360) 778-7725