All private inspectors that are interested in partnering with the City of Bellingham Rental Registration and Safety Inspection Program, must attend one of the training courses specifically designed for the City of Bellingham Safety Inspection Program and possess at least one of the following credentials:
- American Association of Code Enforcement property maintenance and housing inspector certification;
- International Code Council property maintenance and housing inspector certification;
- International Code Council residential building code inspector;
- Washington State licensed home inspector; or
- Other acceptable credentials the director establishes by rule.
Once you have been approved to conduct RR&SIP inspections, your name and contact information will be added to the qualified private inspector list and posted to our webpage. For more details regarding the scheduling of and participation in inspection training, please contact the program specialist at email@example.com.
Planning and Community Development Department
Rental Registration Specialist
(360) 778-8361 or firstname.lastname@example.org