In 2013, the City of Bellingham received a $15,000 grant from the State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) to complete a survey and inventory of historic resources in the Sehome Neighborhood. The project involved completing inventory forms (reconnaissance level) and taking photographs of approximately 450 properties in the Sehome Neighborhood. Historic Preservation Northwest of Albany, OR completed the survey and project materials.
- Sehome Neighborhood Historic Resource Survey Report (3,000K PDF)
- Appendix 2: Inventoried Resources in Sehome Neighborhood (10,537K PDF)
- Appendix 3: Photographed Resources in Sehome Hill Historic District (7,236K PDF)
- Appendix 4: Historic Context (3,425K PDF)
- Appendix 5: Survey Forms (13,712K PDF)
- Video of Presentation by Historic Preservation Northwest to HPC
- Historic Preservation PowerPoint Presentation – July 23, 2013 (4,793K PDF)
- Sehome Historic Resource Survey & Inventory Grant Application (PDF)
- Historic Tour of Sehome
Additionally, a historical overview of the Bellingham Washington National Guard Armory was researched and written by Taylor Russell, Intern with the Planning and Community Development Department. Taylor graduated in 2013 with a dual degree in History and Geography from Western Washington University.
- Bellingham Historic Tours
- Bellingham’s Historic Register Story Map
- Sehome Historic District Nomination
- Additional Resources
Katie Franks: email@example.com or 360-778-8388