Skate the Unknown
Having a strange summer? Grab a helmet, pads, and skateboard because this is the summer for skateboarding! Skate with local expert Zac Garza of Unknown Board Shop and Runble Rose – one of the best camp counselors around! Come out and get down on some basics, new tricks and filming sesh!
Skate the Unkown
Dates: August 10 – 21
Age: 7 – 14 years old
Cost: $50 per week
Camp at Home
Our Camp at Home program is designed with imagination and creativity in mind. The virtual component is a vehicle for campers and their families to explore fun projects and storylines together. Our goal is to provide 5 – 15 minutes of virtual delivery of the camp theme but for projects to be done away from the screen. Camp counselors will collect the projects that your camper submits, provide feedback on the projects, engage in discussion, and at times provide follow up projects.
Each of our camps has a supply bag. Each bag will have basic supplies, some camps will have special supplies.
- If you are paying $10 for shipping supplies outside of Whatcom County, we suggest you sign up as early as 10 days prior to the start of camp to guarantee supply deliver.
- For residents, we will be delivering supplies to families on the Friday before camp starts.
- Supplies in bags have been disinfected. By June 19, all bags will be packed by camp counselors wearing gloves and will sit untouched until dispersed.
Inventory of Basic Supplies:
- Construction paper
- Glue sticks
- Watercolor paint palette
- Paint brush
- Box of crayons
Tech Supplies You Will Need:
- High speed internet connection.
- Laptop or computer
- Campers will need to take photos and videos and can use a built-in camera on your laptop, computer, tablet, or phone.
- Seesaw In Class App: A free app that we will use for the home base of camp where campers will post and discuss their projects. Campers might need to use Seesaw for their school year, and this is a great way to get acclimated and associate it with some fun.
- For Animation Camp: You will need to download the free Stop Motion Studio app.
- A few of the camps will have optional virtual trivia games that we will all play together on Zoom, but you do not need to download the application if you use Chrome, Firefox, or Apple Safari browsers.
Hours of Engagement
Campers should log on between 9 -10 am each day and submit their first projects by 2 pm each day. Between 2 – 5 pm we will offer fun discussions and follow up projects. Programs will offer at least 1 – 3 hours of engagement each day.
Guardians & Inclusivity:
We offer a venue for campers and their guardians to work together towards fun goals. We expect campers to primarily engage with camp content. We want guardians to be there to support camper’s daily projects and missions without doing the work for them. Given that guardians are supporting campers, we are offering this as an inclusive camp.
Camp At Home Code of Conduct
- Please do not post anything inappropriate.
- Please engage with all the projects in a creative way.
- It’s summer camp, have fun together!
Want a taste of Camp at Home?
Computers and laptops are recommended and you can checkout a sample Camp at Home here
Registration opens June 1, 2020!
Education Programs and Activities Coordinator