The Padden Triathlon is an excellent first, second, or twenty-second triathlon. Our course is simple, beautiful, and well-staffed. In an effort to make this a race you’ll enjoy year after year, we’ve made everything as simple as possible, so on race day, you can focus on the event. Our goal is to make the Padden Triathlon the best organized, most affordable, chip-timed event you’ll do all summer. Please start your triathlon season here in Bellingham.
Registration opens December 1, 2022
Saturday, June 24, 2023
Lake Padden Park – West Entrance
4882 Samish Way
Long Course start time: 8:30 am
Short Course start time: 1:00 pm
- December – February: $65
- March – April: $85
- May – June 9: $100
- Relay: +$20
Packet Pick-up (ID Required)
Details will be provided closer to the event date.
Late/Day of Race Packet Pick-up on-site
- Long Course: 7 am – 8:15 am
- Short Course: 7 am – 12:30 pm
- This program is non-refundable
- Both events closed at 250 registrants
- ID required at check-in
Course maps are available for every leg except swim. The swim leg is either 1/2 mile or 1/4 mile triangle depending on which race you are in. There is relatively little elevation gain until participants exit the water, clamber up a berm, then run/amble up a hill and enter the transition area where the leg time is completed.
Race Distance and Start Time
There are two distances from which to choose:
- Competitive: Swim 1/2 mile, Bike 21 miles, Run 5.2 miles – Start 8:30 am (Time Limit: 3 hrs.)
- Recreational: Swim 1/4 mile, Bike 10 miles, Run 2.6 miles – Start 1:00 pm (Time Limit: 2.5 hrs.)
- Check-in for both races begins at 7 a.m. Recreational racers do not need to arrive this early. Bring your photo ID.
We need volunteers to help with set up/take down, the bike and run course between. Any help between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. would be appreciated. Contact: Billy Reeves at (360) 778-7000 or e-mail email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions