The Padden Triathlon is an excellent first, second, or twenty-second triathlon. Our course is simple, beautiful, and well-staffed. In an effort to make this a race you’ll enjoy year after year, we’ve made everything as simple as possible, so on race day, you can focus on the event. Our goal is to make the Padden Triathlon the best organized, most affordable, chip-timed event you’ll do all summer. Please start your triathlon season here in Bellingham.
In 2021 races will be modified and subject to guidelines and recommendations under the Governor’s Healthy Washington Plan. The information below outlines current conditions for participation (conditions may change as advised by the Washington Department of Health or WA State) :
- Please do not bring spectators. We realize that this may not be practical or reasonable in some cases (e.g. youth, those who may need assistance in order to participate)
- Participants must wear a mask except while racing
- Please plan on providing your own food and drink
- Participants will start in waves
- Event maximums are reduced
- There will not be an awards ceremony this year
Saturday, August 21, 2021
Please Note: This program is non–refundable
Course maps are available for every leg except the swim. The swim leg is either a 1/2 mile or 1/4 mile triangle, depending on which race you’re in.
- Both events closed at 250 registrants
- ID required at check-in
Packet Pick-up (ID Required)
- To Be Determined
- To Be Determined
Race Distance and Start Time
There are two distances from which to choose:
- Competitive: Swim 1/2 mile, Bike 21 miles, Run 5.2 miles – Start 8:30 am
- Recreational: Swim 1/4 mile, Bike 10 miles, Run 2.6 miles – Start 1:00 pm
- Check-in for both races begins at 7 a.m. Recreational racers do not need to arrive this early. Bring your photo ID.
We need volunteers to help with set up/take down, the bike and run course between. Any help between 8 am to 4 pm would be appreciated. Contact: Lance Romo at (360) 778-7000 or e-mail Lromo@cob.org.