Are you looking for space for a concert, race or party? Bellingham Parks and Recreation hosts a variety of special events annually in parks and athletic facilities. With a variety of venues available from quaint gathering spaces to crowd-pleasers, we have something for everyone.
Bellingham Parks and Recreation accepts Special Request Applications. Applications will be processed, reviewed and permitted based on facility availability and ability to meet conditions outlined by the State of Washington, Department of Health and Bellingham Parks and Recreation.
What is a Special Request?
- Events open to the public
- Commercial events (individuals, groups or businesses who charge a monetary admission, class fee, sell tickets, food or other items, solicit funds or donations, offer other for-profit activities or promote a commercial business).
- Requests for trail use or park space without a facility rental
- Requests to use a Park Special Use Facility
- Events with expected attendance above the facility’s maximum capacity
- Requests for beer gardens or alcohol
- All tournaments or requests to regularly occupy an athletic court or field
What is the Permit Process?
- Verify the availability of the park facility
- Fill out and submit your application at least 30 days prior to the event
- Submit non-refundable application fee
- The park facility will temporarily be reserved
- Park staff will contact you when they review the application
- Payment is due with reservation permit, park facility is booked upon receipt of payment
- Certificate of insurance and endorsement due 30 days prior to the event
- Within 30 days after the event requested liability waivers are due
Things to know before you apply
Plan ahead, we need your application at least 30 days prior to your event. Know your event details, when, why, what, how:
- amplified sound
- selling food, alcohol or merchandise
- selling tickets
- stages, tents, barricaded, fences
- inflatable play equipment
Notice of cancellation received 30 days prior to the event will receive a full refund, minus a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations under 30 days are non-refundable.
- Park Reservation Policies
- Facility Rental Information
- Park Fees
- Online Special Request Application
- Printable Special Request Application (PDF)
Parks and Recreation