Are you planning to film in a beautiful Bellingham park or trail facility? Bellingham Parks and Recreation offers a multitude of places to film in our parks and trails system. With a variety of venues available from quaint gathering spaces to crowd-pleasers, we have something for everyone.
Bellingham Parks and Recreation accepts Special Request Applications for filming requests. Applications will be processed, reviewed and permitted based on facility availability and ability to meet conditions outlined by the State of Washington and Bellingham Parks and Recreation.
What are the steps to receive permission to film in a Bellingham Park or Trail?
1.Verify the availability of the park or trail by calling 360-778-7000 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.. If you plan to film at Galbraith Mountain, first contact the Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition to receive permission.
2. Fill out and submit your Special Event Application and $50 review fee a minimum of 30 days prior to the filming event (60 days recommended).
3. Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filming Request Form
- Hold Harmless Agreement
- Film or interview script
4. Submit the Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) with a coverage amount of $1,000,000.
- The COI needs to name the City as additionally insured, with a Certificate of Endorsement that is primary and non-contributory.
- On the Certificate of insurance, we need the following statement: “The City of Bellingham, its officers, employees, elected officials, agents and volunteers are additional insured. Coverage is primary and non-contributory with a waiver of subrogation.
- Endorsement (form CG 88 60 12 08)
5. Submit the faciity or or open space use fee.
Things to know before you apply
Plan ahead, we need your application at least 30 days (60 recommended) prior to your event. Know your event details, when, why, what, how:
- amplified sound
- stages, tents, barricaded, fences
Notice of cancellation received 30 days prior to the event will receive a full refund, minus a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations under 30 days are non-refundable.
Parks and Recreation
All Parks Department Contacts
Online Registration and Facility Availability