Notice to the Community (3-12-2020)
Out of an abundance of caution for the safety of our support staff and to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Bellingham Police Department is suspending our fingerprinting services until further notice.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Bellingham Police Department provides fingerprinting services for most purposes, except immigration.
Services Available to Certain Individuals Only
Fingerprint services will only be provided for citizens who reside within the city limits of Bellingham (jurisdiction of Bellingham Police) and can provide proof of their residence with either a driver’s license, identification card, or government issued identification. Residency exceptions will be made for clients who require fingerprints as an applicant or employee for the Bellingham School District or as an applicant for a City of Bellingham business license or regulatory license.
Hours for Fingerprinting – First Come, First Serve – No Appointments can be made
- Tuesday’s from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Thursday’s from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- No services available on any holiday, or special police circumstances
- $10 dollars for first card; $3 for each additional card (prices are per person)
- Payment accepted in the form of cash, local check, and Visa/MasterCard
- Please ensure that you have read and understand your instructions completely, prior to getting your fingerprints
- Our staff cannot interpret your instructions for you
- Please have your fingerprint card(s) filled out completely before standing in line. You may use the examples attached to the clipboards inside the lobby to assist you in completing your card(s)
- Use black ink pen only to complete your fingerprint card(s)
- Do not sign the fingerprint card(s) until you are printed and the technician advises you to sign the card(s)
- Have your payment and current identification ready