- This event has passed.
The Magnitude of All Things – Film + Conversation
Sep 24, 2022 , 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Multifaith Network for Climate Justice, St. James Presbyterian Church, and Stillpoint at Beckside will host a screening and post-film conversation of Jennifer Abbott’s The Magnitude of All Things. This event will take place in person and concurrently on Zoom. Please RSVP for this free event:
- In-Person Attendance: Complete this form to RSVP to attend in person at St. James Presbyterian Church.
- Zoom Attendance: Complete this form to attend via Zoom.
Learn more about this film about the “intimate parallels between the experiences of grief—both personal and planetary” and view the trailer. There will be a discussion panel immediately following this 90-minute film.
More About the Panelists:
- Rev. Seth Thomas serves as Pastor of St. James Presbyterian Church in Bellingham, WA. Seth holds a Masters of Divinity from The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology and is currently pursuing his Doctorate of Ministry in Leadership & Spiritual Formation from Portland Seminary. A lifelong Cascadian, Seth and his family love the beauty of our bioregion, where they explore by hiking, trail running, and neighborhood bike rides.
- Jill MacIntyre Witt, M.A. (she, her):
- Climate Reality Leader, Mentor, Chapter Chair
- Climate Wellness Coach, NBC-HWC
- UN Top 100 Human Rights Defender – 2019
- TEDx Talk: “Climate Justice Now! How?”
- Author – Climate Justice Field Manual: climatejusticenow.earth Founder – climateactivismlab.com
- Dr. Kane-Ronning holds a PhD in counseling psychology and is a licensed psychologist in Whatcom County. She is a Certified Family Trauma Professional. Dr. Kane-Ronning is a devoted environmental activist, serving on the Washington State Chapter of the Sierra Club’s Wildlife and Wolf Committees, testifying at Wildlife Commission hearings, and advocating for wildlife connectivity and biodiversity. She was a declarant for the Earth Justice Endangered Species Act wolf de-listing litigation against the federal government. She focuses on therapists’ ethical obligation to treat climate change anxiety and PTSD, presenting at conferences to promote awareness and action.
This event will take place concurrently in person and on Zoom.
In-Person Event (RSVP here)
St. James Presbyterian Church
910 14th Street
Phone: (360) 319-9967
Prize Drawing/Event Feedback
Receive a prize drawing entry for up to five events you attend during Climate Action Week! Three prize drawing winners will be selected to choose between a solar backpack, waterproof bike bag, energy efficiency kit, or zero waste shopping kit.
For each entry, you must submit a brief online feedback form for the event you attended and include a unique codeword for that event. Obtain the codeword for The Magnitude of All Things event during the event or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is part of the City’s ALL IN for Climate Action Week. Find a full list of events.