The Fairhaven Parking Task Force reconvened in March 2019.
Meeting Schedule for 2020
The Fairhaven Parking Task Force (FPTF) will meet the third Wednesday at 5:30-7:00pm of every month starting on April 17, 2019 at the Fairhaven Library, Fireplace Room, 1117- 12th Street, Bellingham, WA 98229.
Due to COVID-19, meetings have been cancelled at this time.
* The 15-minute Public Comment Period is at the beginning of every meeting.
**Meetings may be rescheduled or cancelled if there is not a quorum of six members.
In June 2012, City Council requested the formation of a Fairhaven Parking Task Force (FPTF). The FPTF held public meetings from May 2013 to December 2014. Their draft report was released in January, 2015. On February 17, 2015, a majority of the FPTF members approved the plan. On March 10, 2015, the Transportation Commission approved the plan. On June 15, 2015, Bellingham City Council approved the plan. City staff will begin the implementation steps as laid out in the final plan.
Task Force Information
- Fairhaven Parking Task Force Guidelines Revised March 2019 (PDF)
- Fairhaven Parking Task Force Guidelines May 2013 (PDF)
- June 6, 2012 City Council meeting minutes
- 2012 Fairhaven Neighborhood and Urban Village Plan Chapter 3: Parking (PDF)
- Edited 2012 Fairhaven Plan: portions relevant to parking without the parking plan (PDF)
Task Force Reports
- Final Task Force Report – 2015 (PDF)
- 2015 Fairhaven Parking Task Force Recommendations (PDF)
- Task Force Report Appendix A: Reference Documents (54 MB PDF)
- Task Force Report Appendix B: Historical Context Documents (5.4 KB PDF)
- Task Force Report Appendix D: Public Comment (340 KB PDF)
- Parking Plan Fairhaven Neighborhood and Urban Village 2011 TranspoGroup (PDF)
- Parking Plan Fairhaven Neighborhood and Urban Village Technical Appendix 2011 TranspoGroup (PDF)
- 2019 2-hour Limited Parking Map – Approved 6.19.19
- Fairhaven Parking Count by Haven Design Workshop June 2019
- Transpo Report: 2018 Fairhaven Parking Summary_12.20.18
- Transpo Report: 2018 Downtown Bellingham Parking Summary_12.20.18
- FPTF Parking 101 – Definitions and Lingo (PDF)
- Searching for a Space: An Analysis of Eugene’s Free Parking Policy, June 2013 by Community Planning Workshop for the City of Eugene (PDF)
- Parking Management: Strategies, Evaluation and Planning, November 5, 2013 by Todd Litman (PDF)
- Parking Pricing Implementation Guidelines: How More Efficient Parking Pricing Can Help Solve Parking and Traffic Problems, Increase Revenue, and Achieve Other Planning Objectives, April 11, 2013 by Todd Litman (PDF)
Five organizations chose members to represent them on the task force:
- Fairhaven Village Association
- Fairhaven Neighborhood
- Happy Valley Neighborhood
- Historic Fairhaven Association
- Transportation Commission
Eric Johnston, Director
City of Bellingham
2221 Pacific Street
Bellingham, WA 98229