Public access to the waterfront and enjoyment of the stunning waterfront views of Bellingham Bay from our parks and trails system are part of what makes Bellingham such a wonderful place to live and visit.
To fulfill the public’s desire for more waterfront access and facilities, Bellingham Parks & Recreation hired a consultant to complete a feasibility report for a new over-water walkway extending from the north end of Boulevard Park to the Bellingham Center Waterfront (former GP site). The feasibility report was completed in 2008.
Environmental permits for the walkway were initially submitted June 14, 2010. Permit review is on hold pending negotiation with the regulatory agencies and tribes.
Reports and Permits
- Shoreline Conditional Use Permit Staff Report November 17, 2010 (PDF)
- SEPA MDNS September 29, 2010 (PDF)
- Approved Shoreline Conditional Use Permit (PDF)
- JARPA June 14, 2010 (PDF)
- SEPA Checklist June 9, 2010 (PDF)
- Hearing Examiner Notice of Decision February 4, 2010 (PDF)
- JARPA Geotechnical Borings September 2, 2009 (PDF)
- PRELIMINARY/DRAFT WSDOT Environmental Classification Summary, June 8, 2010 (PDF)
- Revised Mitigation Report, October 26, 2010 (PDF)
- Technical Memo – Coastal Engineering Analysis & Assistance with Design of Boulevard Park Gravel Beach, April 16, 2010 (PDF)
- Technical Memo – Erosion and Sediment Transport Evaluation, November 8, 2010 (PDF)
- SEPA Comment Response Matrix January 7, 2011 (PDF)
- Planning Notices – any notices from the City of Bellingham Planning Department pertaining to this project will be posted here.
- SEPA Comment Response Matrix (PDF)
- 30% Design Drawings – March 2010 (PDF)
- Public Comment Tracker (PDF)
- Boulevard Shoreline and Overwater Walkway Feasibility Report – Final Sep 22, 2009 (52MB PDF)
- June 26, 2008 Public Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Study Area (PDF)