Project Overview: WF1022
This project includes design and construction of F Street railroad crossing improvements and associated street improvements adjacent to the F Street railroad crossing. Improvements include providing four quadrant gates, pedestrian and bicycle improvements, travel lane channelization, and updated signs and markings. These changes will improve railroad, vehicular, pedestrian, and bicycle safety.
This project is part of the City’s efforts to establish quiet zones.
This project is funded by Federal RAIL Funds and the Bellingham Transportation Fund.
Status – February 2023
- Awarded project to Colacurcio Brothers Construction
- Finished design
- Completed Right of Way phase
- Obligated construction funding from Federal government
- Completed permitting with BNSF
- Begin construction. Anticipated start date in March or April 2023.
- Status – Construction
- Contract Awarded – 5/15/2022
- Contract Amount – $1,419,092.26
- Contractor – Colacurcio Brothers Construction
- Vicinity Map
Phone: (360) 778 7924