The City of Bellingham is creating an Urban Forestry Management Plan (UFMP). The purpose of the UFMP is to create a strategic plan that helps maintain a healthy and desirable urban forest through well-coordinated, consistent, efficient, and sustainable long-term urban forest management. See below to learn more about Bellingham’s urban forest.
Phase 2 (Community Values) is complete. Phase 3 (Plan Development) is underway.
Phase 2 Engagement Summary is available: Thank you for sharing your input during the May – June 2022 engagement period for Phase 2 (Community Values)! Results are available under Additional Resources near the bottom of this page. Results from Phases 1 and 2 will be used to create the Urban Forestry Management Plan. Please see Phase 3 (Plan Development) for additional information.
November 21, 2022 Council Presentation – City staff provided a summary presentation of the results of Phase 2 and discussed the work that will be done in 2023 to complete the UFMP. View presentation materials.
Stay informed with email updates: Please sign up to receive email updates about the UFMP process, feedback opportunities, and new resources.
Learn about Bellingham’s urban forest and Urban Forestry Management Plan through the following resources.
Reports and Resources
- Phase 2 Engagement Summary Report, 2022
- Phase 2 Engagement Summary Appendices, 2022
- Open House presentation for public input, May 2022
- Canopy and Forest Structure Analysis Summary Report, 2021 (updated Nov. 2022)
- Wildlife Corridor Analysis Report, 2021 (updated Nov. 2022)
- State of the Urban Forest Report, 2022
- Urban Forest Storymap, 2022
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Video, 2022
- FAQ About the Forest Structure and Wildlife Corridor Methodologies, 2022
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Update, Council Presentation 1/25/2021
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Update, Council Presentation Slides 8/30/2021
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Update, Council Presentation Video 8/30/2021 – Item 4
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Update, Council Presentation Slides 11/21/2022
- Tree Regulations & Enforcement, Council Presentation Slides 4/25/2022
Habitat and Restoration Manager
Public Works Natural Resources