The City of Bellingham is creating an Urban Forestry Management Plan (UFMP). The purpose of the UFMP is to create a strategic plan that helps maintain a healthy and desirable urban forest through well-coordinated, consistent, efficient, and sustainable long-term urban forest management. See below to learn more about Bellingham’s urban forest.
We are in Phase 2, Goals Establishment
Thank you for sharing your input during the May – June 2022 engagement period! This engagement is now closed. Results will be presented to Bellingham City Council soon. To be notified of the date, please sign up for our UFMP email updates.
Input will be used to create a long-term vision for the City’s urban forest and develop shared community values, goals, strategies, and priority actions to achieve this vision. The second round of engagement will occur in the spring of 2023 during Phase 3.
Stay informed with email updates: Please sign up to receive email updates about the UFMP process, feedback opportunities, and new resources.
Learn about Bellingham’s urban forest and Urban Forestry Management Plan through the following resources.
Reports and Resources
- Open House presentation for public input, May 2022
- Canopy and Forest Structure Analysis Summary Report, 2021
- Wildlife Corridor Analysis Report, 2021
- State of the Urban Forest Report, 2022
- Urban Forest Storymap, 2022
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Video, 2022
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Update, Council Presentation 1/25/2021
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Update, Council Presentation Slides 8/30/2021
- Urban Forestry Management Plan Update, Council Presentation Video 8/30/2021 – Item 4
- Tree Regulations & Enforcement, Council Presentation Slides 4/25/2022
Habitat and Restoration Manager
Public Works Natural Resources