Skip to content
- Learn CPR by contacting Bellingham Technical College or the American Red Cross.
- Place 9-1-1 stickers, your address and phone number, and emergency numbers on or near the phone.
- When dialing 9-1-1, be sure to answer all the dispatchers’ questions and follow their directions. Speak slowly and stay calm. Stay on the phone until instructed to hang up.
- Provide specific information about where the emergency is taking place. For example, the building number, apartment number, nearest entrances, which pool, etc.
- To direct emergency personnel to the scene, turn on an outside light and, if available, send someone out to meet them.
- Unlock gates or doors leading to the apartment so firefighters can make entry.