Every five years, as a condition of receiving federal block grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the City is required to prepare a “Consolidated Plan”. This Plan provides an assessment of the City’s community development needs, and an analysis of the housing market for low-income households. It also presents the goals, strategies and specific activities that are implemented annually in order to address those needs. The Consolidated Plan is the community’s choice, within HUD parameters, for how the grant funds will be used in the City.
The basic elements of the Consolidated Plan includes: Public and Stakeholder Input, Needs Assessment, Housing Market Analysis, Strategic Plan (5-year) and Action Plan (First Year).
2018-2022 Consolidated Plan
Consolidated Plan (single document) (Public Version – 2,532k pdf)
- Section 1: Chapters I-IV (TOC, A Note about Data Sources, Executive Summary, Public Participation and Community Profile)
- Section 2: Chapter V & Appendix 2 (Housing Market Assessment / Affordable Housing Inventory list)
- Section 3: Chapters VI-VIII (Homelessness, Community Development, and Special Needs Assessments)
- Section 4: Chapters IX-X (Strategic Plan and 2018 Action Plan)
- Section 5: Appendix 1 (Public Comments)
Consolidated Plan (single document) (HUD Version – 2,802k pdf)
The following documents were available to the pubic and helped to shape the final version of the 2018-2022 Consolidated Plan:
- Summary of results from the community and agency survey conducted from November, 2017 – February, 2018.
- Fact Sheets that depict data on a series of topics:
- State of Housing website
2013-2017 Consolidated Plan
A hard copy of the Consolidated Plan and/or Action Plan can viewed / purchased at the Planning and Community Development Department (210 Lottie St) or checked out at the Bellingham Public Libraries (Central or Fairhaven).
- Planning and Community Development Department
- Community Participation Plan
- Consolidated Plan Priorities 1-pager (pdf)
- Fair Housing
Samya Lutz at 360-778-8385 or firstname.lastname@example.org