2019 Small & Simple Grant Program
The Small and Simple Grant Program was created by the Mayor’s Office to fund projects that demonstrate city-wide benefit and encourage community engagement. There is a competitive application process and project awards are up to $5,000.
- All City-recognized neighborhood associations are eligible to apply. Multiple neighborhoods may submit a joint application.
- Grants will be awarded based on a competitive review process.
- Grants will be awarded up to $5,000.
- Applications are accepted between March 1- May 15, 2019. Grant awards will be announced June 1, 2019
- Matching funds are not required.
- Funds are available for one-time projects.
- These grants are intended to make real, substantive, and positive changes in the neighborhoods.
- Examples of allowable projects are included on page 2, but projects are not limited to those examples.
- Projects should be led and completed by the neighborhood associations.
- Funds are provided on a reimbursable basis, so neighborhoods must be willing and able to make necessary upfront costs.
- Applications must include written permission from necessary land owner or City departments, where applicable.
For more information, contact the Mayor’s Office.
Guidelines and application
- 2019 Small and Simple Grant Guidelines.pdf
- 2019 Small and Simple Grant Application.pdf
- 2019 Small and Simple Grant Reimbursement Request Form.pdf