The City of Bellingham, Whatcom County, and the Lake Whatcom Water and Sewer District jointly manage the reservoir. The City Council adopted Legacies and Strategic Commitments include safe, clean drinking water as a top priority.
- Lake Whatcom Management Program (LWMP)
Joint agency efforts to protect the lake
- Aquatic Invasive Species Program
Preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species to and from Whatcom County waters
- Filter – Clogging Algae Mitigation Evaluation
Evaluation of alternatives to reduce algae clogging the filters at the City’s water treatment plant
- Land Acquisition and Preservation Program
Efforts to purchase and preserve land
- Homeowner Incentive Program
Reimbursement incentives for watershed residents
- Stormwater Projects
Lake Whatcom Capital Improvement Projects
Please contact the Natural Resources Division of the Public Works Department if you would like more information about Lake Whatcom and our programs.